March 18, 2020
The current Covid 19 health crisis has been extremely hard on all of us. I want to begin by thanking our staff for working diligently over the past couple of weeks in an environment none of us could have ever prepared for. I also would like to thank all of our customers who have adjusted quickly to our social distancing and other protocols that have been instituted over the past two weeks.
Safety of our staff and customers is paramount and everyone in the building has done their part and then some. At this time Balmoral Lumber remains open. We have reduced hours and staffing levels so our capacity is not where it should be. In order to meet our customer’s needs and to promote social distancing the following has been implemented.
- Our website, www.balmorallumber.ca has been updated to include the following:
- Shopping cart where you can select all required products and submit an order. Our sales staff will in turn price out the order, return a quote and finally create an invoice.
- Payments can be processed on line and or with support using credit cards, debit cards, and e transfers.
- Web chat feature has been upgraded. Our chat will be monitored by multiple salespeople who will do their best to answer your questions.
- Our internal measuring tool has been uploaded and customers can use it to measure their project for doors and mouldings. The information stored can then be used to create a request that will in turn be converted to a quotation once reviewed at Balmoral.
- Our showroom will remain on an appointment basis with a one customer at a time protocol. These rules will be strictly enforced.
- Anyone showing signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- The shipping department is using minimal contact protocols.